Any information that you provide is kept secure. Data that is no longer required* is erased after your child has ceased attending our Club.
We will use the contact details you give us to contact you via phone, email, social media and post so that we can send you information about your child, our Club and other relevant news, and also so that we can communicate with you regarding payment of our fees.
Our lead person for data protection is Paul Harper. The lead person ensures that the Club meets the requirements of the GDPR, liaises with statutory bodies when necessary, and responds to any subject access requests.
Within the Club we respect confidentiality in the following ways:
• We will only ever share information with a parent about their own child.
• Information given by parents to Club staff about their child will not be passed on to third parties without permission unless there is a safeguarding issue (as covered in our Safeguarding Policy).
• Concerns or evidence relating to a child’s safety, will be kept in a confidential file and will not be shared within the Club, except with the designated Child Protection Officer and the manager.
• Staff only discuss individual children for purposes of planning and group management.
• Staff are made aware of the importance of confidentiality during their induction process.
• Issues relating to the employment of staff, whether paid or voluntary, will remain confidential to those making personnel decisions.
• All personal data is stored securely in a lockable file on a password protected computer and passcode-locked phone/tablet.
• Students on work placements and volunteers are informed of our Data Protection policy and are required to respect it.
Why we need and how we use your personal information
Primal Combat Academy are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership, Paul Harper is the Data Controller and is responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way.
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about you or your family member by filling in forms at the class or online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register with Primal Combat Academy, or subscribe to our newsletter on our website. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, phone number, We may also ask for relevant health information, other data enter as applicable which is classed as special category personal data.
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your Data is to be able to administer your membership and provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with the club. Our lawful basis for processing your personal is that we have a contractual obligation to you as a member to provide the services you are registering for.
For membership training and club management
• sharing personal data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions;
• or for special events. sharing personal data with club coaches for cancelling a training session.
• processing of membership forms and payments;
• sharing data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events;
• club newsletter promoting club activity; and
• publishing of race and competition results
Marketing and communications (where separate consent is provided)
• sending information about promotions and offers
• sending information about selling club kit, merchandise and Equipment
Any special category health data we hold on you is only processed for the purpose(s) of [(e.g. fitness/ health checks or passing health data to coaches to allow the safe running of training sessions. We process this data on the lawful basis of consent. Therefore, we will also need your explicit consent to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it.
On occasion we may collect personal data from non-members (e.g. such as any non-member participant who fills in a health disclaimer and a licence form on the first taster session. If the student leaves the information will be stored for 4 weeks after the first session and then destroyed securely. Our lawful basis for processing data is consent. Therefore, we will also need explicit consent from non-members to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it.
The club has the following social media pages [include all that apply e.g. Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram. All members are free to join these pages. If you join one of the Social Media pages, please note that provider of the social media platform(s) have their own privacy policies and that the club do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on the club social media pages.
Who we share your personal data with
Primal Combat Academy does not supply any personal data it holds for this purpose to any other third party. Primal Combat Academy does not store or transfer your personal data outside of the UK. Safeguarding in place to ensure the security of that personal data.
How long we hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data on file for as long as you are a member with us. students data is updated every year on annual membership forms. Any personal data we hold on you will be securely destroyed after four years of inactivity on that member’s account, ur data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Club. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we may not be able to register or administer your membership.
Downloads & Media Files
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk.
Contact & Communication With us
Users contacting this us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information through a mailing list system. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’
Email Mailing List & Marketing messages
We operate an email mailing list program, used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Users can subscribe through an online automated process or when you become a member filling the form. where they have given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.